These techniques can be modified slightly to suit the student's individual abilities. Partners must agree on techniques to be performed at the test. They are performed in two parts – Part One to demonstrate how to score the attack, Part Two to demonstrate the appropriate evasive movement and score the counter attack. Full sparring equipment is mandatory.
1. Attacker: Slip left foot far forward with right middle punch (keep left forearm guarding).
Defender: Left forearm block as body weight moves backwards away with right switch front kick in air to belt (one movement).
2. Attacker: Pivot left turning right side kick to belt, sliding forward on left foot.
Defender: Withdraw left foot past right foot 190° counter-clockwise to face Attacker with right foot forward, spin left back kick to chest.
3. Attacker: Switch stance, then lift left knee forward and inward as spin 360° right jump back kick to chest.
Defender: Left lateral switch shift 45° back to left, left reverse axe kick (over and past Attacker’s head for practice).
4. Attacker: Step right foot forward and continue left 360° reverse turning kick to head (over head for practice).
Defender: Right lateral shift 45° far back, right roundhouse kick to chest. Time the strike just as Attacker finishes the reverse kick.
5. Attacker: Right front kick to belt, without lowering the right foot immediately right slap kick to face as pivot inward on left foot (perform as double kick).
Defender: Right lateral shift 45° back with left low block as soon as Attacker does front kick, right pitch kick to chest.
6. Attacker: Right roundhouse kick to butt, continue in air switch left turning kick inward to belt, using the reaction force of the right kick and rotating hips in air.
Defender: Slip left foot straight forward with right punch to chest (maintaining left forearm block), right crescent kick inward to head.
7. Attacker: Spin clockwise in air left tornado kick to chest.
Defender: Left switch shift laterally left (45° back) out to right sparring stance, immediately left pitch kick to chest.
Call now: 519-476-8881, 255 Vancouver St, London, ON