Ul-Ji is named after General Ul Ji Moon Dok who successfully defended Korea against a Tang invasion force of nearly 1,000,000 soldiers led by Yang Je in 612 AD. General Ul Ji used hit-and-run tactics to destroy a large number of the opposing force. The diagram represents his surname. The 42 movements represent General Choi's age when he designed this form.
Begin at x facing D in parallel ready stance with an
X back hand (right knife-hand crossed inside left wrist
with palms inward in front of neck).
1. Move left foot back toward C to right walking stance facing D with twin horizontal Hammer-fist side strikes backwards toward C with both side fists;
2. Move right foot back toward C to right walking stance facing D with low X pressing block with twin fists (right wrist over left}, immediately;
3. High twin knife-hand X rising block in the left walking stance toward D;
4. Right high knife-hand inward strike to D, bringing the left hand onto the inside of the right elbow (palm down) in the left walking stance toward D;
5. Withdraw the left foot back toward C to sitting stance to B with left back-hand strike toward C turning the face to C;
6. Right inward crescent kick to strike the left extended palm toward C;
7. Lower the right foot toward C to sitting stance to A, with right front elbow strike onto the left palm;
8. Left backward elbow thrust toward B, placing the right side fist (vertical) on top of the left ready fist in the sitting stance facing A;
9. Right high back-fist strike backwards toward B with left downward extended low block toward A in the sitting stance facing A;
10. Bring the left foot to the right foot as pivot left on the right foot to close ready stance D (twin bent elbows with vertical fists on sides of belt) to D;
11. Quickly cross the left foot over the right foot to form an X stance toward D turning the face toward A and keeping the hands on the sides of the belt as they were in continue ...
12. Right side kick to A, keeping the hands on the hips as they were in 10 and 11;
13. Lower the right foot naturally toward A and then cross the left foot over the right foot to an X stance toward front with twin horizontal elbow thrusts sideways (fists palm downward) while keeping the face turned toward A;
14. Move the right foot toward A to sitting stance to front with twin horizontal punches toward A (right straight horizontal jab with left punch in front of right shoulder palms downward) keeping the face turned toward A;
15. Stand up facing toward E with right high knife-hand inward front strike to E with left knife-hand palm deflecting block to in front of forehead (forearm horizontal);
16. Slip the left foot to left sparring stance to 8 with twin knife-hand block to B;
17. Jump up right back kick to 8;
18. Land to right walking stance to 8 with twin inner forearm block;
19. Bring the left foot around clockwise to the right foot as pivot right on the right foot to close ready stance 8 (grip right fore-fist in front of belt) to D;
20. Right stride jump to D to a right X stance (left foot behind right) with right back-fist strike to D bringing the left finger-belly vertically to the side of the right fist;
21. Move the left foot back toward C to right walking stance to D with left high forearm block to D;
22. Left front snap kick (chest high) to D, keeping the left high block as in 21;
23. Lower the left foot forward to left walking stance to D with right high punch to D;
24. Move the right foot forward to right walking stance to D with right middle spearhand to D, bringing the left knife-hand (palm downward) under the right elbow;
25. Pivot left (counter-clockwise) on the right foot as move the left foot around backwards to sitting stance toward E with left back-fist side strike to D and right ready fist, turning the face toward D;
26. Pivot left (counter-clockwise) on left foot as move right foot around forward 270° to right walking stance to F with two low forearm side blocks (hammerfists outward);
27. Raise the left knee up moving forward and high right jump front kick to F;
28. Land to right sparring stance to F with middle twin X knife-hand (right over left);
29. Move the left foot to left sparring stance to F with low X pressing block (right wrist over left wrist);
30. Left front snap kick to F with twin inner forearm wedging block to F at the same time;
31. Lower the left foot to left walking stance to F with high twin vertical fist punch;
32. Move the right foot to right fixed stance to F with right knife-hand side block and left palm middle pushing block (elbow down with palms away) to F;
33. Move the left foot forward and slide both feet to left sparring stance to F with left horizontal jab to F and right ready fist:
34. Withdraw left foot back to the side rear of the right foot and then move right foot back toward E to left sparring stance facing F (maintaining left forearm block and right ready fist) and then jump up with both feet back toward E to land in left sparring stance to F with left forearm guarding block;
35. Right roundhouse turning kick to OF (chest high); continue ...
36. Lower the right foot naturally toward F, continue pivot left on the right foot and left back kick to F;
37. Lower the left foot to left sparring stance to F with left forearm guarding block;
38. Withdraw the left foot back toward E to right sparring stance to F with right upward palm scooping block to F and left ready fist;
39. Withdraw the right foot back around 180° (clockwise) as pivot right on the left foot to form a right diagonal walking stance to E with left inner circular forearm block toward ED, flexing the left knee;
40. Pivot left on both feet to left diagonal walking stance toward OF with right inner forearm circular block to D, flexing the right knee:
41. Move the left foot back on line EF to sitting stance to D with left middle punch to D, continue ...
42. Raise body slightly and then lower body with right middle punch to D in sitting stance to front (ki-hap!);
End. Bring left foot back to parallel stance with crossed knife-hands.