Koryo poomsae: Black-Stripe Pattern: Koryo poomsae symbolizes "seonbae" which means a learned man, who is characterized by a strong martial sprit as well as a righteous learned man's sprit. The sprit had been inherited through the ages of Koryo, Palhae and down to Koryo, which is the background of organizing the Koryo poomsae. The jumbi-seogi is the tong-milgi that requires mental concentration by positioning the hand in between the upper abdomen and the lower abdomen where "sin"[divine] and "jeong"[spirit] converge. The line of poomsae represents the Chinese letter, which means "seonbae" or "seonbi", a learned man or a man virtue in the Korean language.
Kicks: Double side kick, Front Kick, Single side kick
Strikes: L- stance ridge hand strike, Walking stance Punch, Walking stance Arch knife-hand strike, Walking stance knife-hand high front strike, Outer and Inner Knife Hand Strike.
Number of Movements: 50
READY STANCE:Raise up on the balls of both feet as you bring both hands up to form a triangle in front of your face; then push both hands out about 6" as feet settle back to flatfoot position.
1. Move left foot 90 degrees to left toward L-1 into a BACK STANCE with a twin knifehand block.
2 - 6 Execute Lo-Hi sidekicks with right foot toward L-1; set right foot down into a FRONT STANCE toward L-1 with a right palm-down knifehand strike; left reverse punch; move right foot back into a WALKING STANCE with a right out-to-in block.
7. Pivot on left foot, moving right foot 180 degrees clockwise toward R-1 into a BACK STANCE with a twin knifehand block.
8 - 12 Execute Lo-Hi sidekicks with left foot toward R-1; set left foot down into a FRONT STANCE toward R-1 with a left palm-down knifehand strike; right reverse punch; move left foot back into a WALKING STANCE with a left out-to-in block.
13 + 14 Move left foot 90 degrees counter-clockwise toward -B- into a FRONT STANCE; execute a left open hand down block; right tiger-mouth strike to neck level.
15, 16 + 17 Execute right front snap kick toward -B- setting into right FRONT STANCE with right open hand down block; left tiger-mouth strike to neck level.
18, 19 + 20 Execute a left front snap kick toward -B- setting into a left FRONT STANCE with left open hand down block; right tiger-mouth strike to neck level.
21 + 22 Execute a right front snap kick setting into right FRONT STANCE toward -B-; Execute a knee break (right hand comes up close to solar plexus while left hand goes forward to strike opponent's knee with palm down). KIYAP (Yell)
23. Pivot on right foot; move left foot one step toward -B- into a right FRONT STANCE toward -A- with a inner wedge block.
24 + 25 Execute a left front snap kick; setting foot down toward -A- in a FRONT STANCE with a knee break (left hand comes to solar plexus palm-up while right hand goes forward to strike opponent's knee with palm-down). KIYAP (Yell)
26. Draw the left foot back assuming a left WALKING STANCE toward -A- and execute a inner wedge block.
27. Pivot on left foot; move right foot clockwise 180 degrees into a HORSE STANCE (body faces -B-; head looks to L-2); execute a left knifehand block to L-2.
28. Turn left hand in a snappy motion to face R-2; punch across body with right fist into left palm.
29, 30 + 31 Step right foot across in front of left foot; execute a left sidethrust kick to L-2, setting kicking foot down into a FRONT STANCE facing R-2 with a left spear hand to groin while striking left shoulder with right hammer fist.
32. Pull right foot back into a WALKING STANCE with a right down block.
33 . Execute a left palm across block then step with left foot one step.
34. Step forward toward R-2 with right foot into a HORSE STANCE (facing -B-); put right fist into left palm as you are stepping and execute a right back elbow strike toward R-2.
35 + 36 Execute a right knifehand block, turning hand to face L-2 in a snappy motion; punch across body with left fist into right palm.
37, 38 + 39 Step left across in front of right toward R-2; execute right sidethrust kick toward R-2, setting kicking foot down into a FRONT STANCE facing L-2 with a right spear hand to groin while striking right shoulder with left hammerfist.
40 . Pull left foot back into a WALKING STANCE with a left down block.
41. Execute a right palm across block then step with right foot one step.
42. Step forward toward L-2 with left foot into a HORSE STANCE (facing -B-); put left fist in right palm as you are stepping and execute a left back elbow strike toward L-2.
43. SLOWLY---Bring both hands up and out in a circular motion, down and around ending in front of belt with left hammerfist in right palm; at same time bring right foot to left foot.
44 + 45 Pivot on right foot and move left foot 180 degrees counter-clockwise toward -A- in a FRONT STANCE while executing a left palm-down knifehand strike to high section; then left palm-down low block.
46 + 47 Step right foot forward into a FRONT STANCE with a right palm-up knife hand strike to high section and then a right knifehand low block.
48 + 49 Step left foot forward into a FRONT STANCE with a left palm-up knifehand strike to high section and then a left knifehand low block.
50. Step right foot forward into a FRONT STANCE with a right tiger-mouth strike to neck level. KIYAP (Yell)
END Pivot on right foot and move left foot 180 degrees counter-clockwise to face -B- bringing left foot back to ready position; bring both hands from belt level up to face level and push out with triangle, as you settle back to being flatfooted.